Its time for Friday Five again ! Thanks to Mar, Cynthia and Courtney for the link up.
Here you can find their blogs :
Mar on the Run
Eat Pray Run DC
You signed up for what
Today, I have chosen to write about things to love about changing jobs, even if you love your current job :
1. You never know who you will meet or what kind of opportunity will come your way
2. You will learn new skills
3. You will be pushed out of your comfort zone
4. You will experience new energy
5. You will be scared, but scary can be good
Yes, I am changing jobs as of mid September. I am very excited, but also sad to be leaving my current job. So I wrote it a letter :
Dear current job….
I have decided to leave you after 4,5 years of loyal service. We have had some great moments but for me it is time to move on.
Over these past few years, you have :
- Taught me the importance of teamwork and what can be accomplished with a great team.
- Showed me how having complimentary profiles and skill sets on my team presents a competitive advantage
- Showed me the advantages of treating everyone with the same respect
- Let me be very successful
- Challenged me
- Let me develop my leadership skills
- Allowed me to meet many different, inspiring people
- Tried my patience in more ways than one
- Taught me we can make mistakes and still rise above them
- Showed me that trial and error are necessary
Even though I love you, it is important that I continue to grow personally and professionally and thus I decided I wanted a new challenge. So I am staying with the company, but taking on a global role working with one specific client. I am looking forward to being challenged in new ways, so please don’t take it personally.
To my team : I admire you for your never ending dedication to your teams and clients. I thank you for supporting each other, defending your teams, standing behind me, your loyalty and most of all building the business that we have built together over these past few years.
To my clients : thank you for challenging me with your problems, your emotional state, your difficulties… which helped me learn and push my limits, but also for your thank yous, your satisfaction and your loyalty.
To my boss who has fully supported my over the past few years, in good times and in bad.
I am lucky to work in an industry that I love, and I thank my company for giving me this opportunity, and look forward to the next few years.
Have you left a job that you loved ? What did you get out of it ?