I started going to the pool about two years ago. My husband, who goes weekly, had been hounding me to try an aqua gym class for years. So I did, and loved it. I then started going to swim laps. And I loved that too. I find the pool is a great alternative to my usual running / cardio / weight lifting …
I hadn’t been much in July due to my busy travel schedule not coinciding with the pool’s opening hours. But I went twice over the past week. It felt so great to be back !
Here is a peak into what you typically find in my pool bag :
1. Two towels. One for my body, and one to stand on… and dry my feet with. I do not like standing in a puddle of water and I am always unsure if there is bacteria lurking !
2. Two pairs of goggles…that my husband gave me but I have yet to use. My face is extremely narrow and any pair I have ever tried has not fit correctly. So I figure these won’t either. But I can not confirm…
3. Bathing suit and bathing cap. I like the bathing suit with “shorts”… I find it extremely practical. The women reading this blog will understand.
5. Bottle of water because I am always thirsty afterward.
6. Pool shoes. To keep that lurking bacteria at bay !
I keep all my pool things in a specific bag, like I do my gym clothes, so I do not need to worry about packing, unpacking… each bag for its own purpose.
What’s in your pool bag ? Anything you would suggest adding ?