Today marks the end of week 16 of my Paris Marathon training. I changed up my schedule because it was in the twenties in the morning when I usually run, but managed to fit everything in.
- Monday : off
- Tuesday : Ran 7K at lunchtime then did 75 minutes of yoga in the evening.
- Wednesday : Ran 8K in the evening after work.
- Thursday : off
- Friday : travel for work, so off
- Saturday : it was my long run. 23 miles (37 km).
- Sunday : 35 minutes swimming easy laps
Some thoughts on the week :
- I really prefer running first thing in the morning. Running at lunch is not very practical, and running in the evening ? I find my form suffers and I have a hard time emptying my mind of the day’s problems. And I hate that work can interfere with my ”me time”.
- I was so happy to go back to yoga. The teacher did all my favorite poses.
- Like my last long run, I felt really confident and good about my 23 miler. I took my time and did my usual Galloway run/walk combination. It took me 5 hours. I figure if I have another 3 for marathon distance, and I speed things up a little as planned, I should be able to hit my 4:40 time goal. I ran though Paris again and I think these long runs through the city are great mental preparation for race day.
- My long runs are supposed to be every 3 weeks now, but I moved this one up by a week because I have a half marathon destination race next weekend. Adding on 10 miles in an area I don’t know would not have been very practical.
- I experimented with my camera, tried to take some new shots but was not very successful :
Action shot with timer, but all I got was my head :
Another shot with the timer but the angle was awful (and I had almost finished my run and didn’t have the patience to play with it) :
At the pool but the mirror was dirty and smudgy :
I did get a great shot of the memorial of the terrorist attacks. I hadn’t been, so decided to go on my run. It was very moving, though in all honesty, I found it kind of dumpy. I hope some kind of permanent memorial will be built because this makeshift one is not that great.
The rest of the week was quite busy. I planned a surprise birthday party for my daughter. We had 20 teenagers on Saturday night. While they were in the living, my hubby and I were enjoying a glass of champagne and pizza in the kitchen. Because I ran ALL THOSE MILES I let myself eat ALL THE BIRTHDAY PARTY FOOD. And loved every single bite.
Today, we went to see CATS, it has been in France since the fall. I had seen it 20 years ago in NY and it has been modernized. I cried when Memories was sung. The woman who did it was amazing (and I never cry at things like that).
Thinking of my friends, family & fellow bloggers who were hit by the blizzard this weekend.
I am linking up with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to head on over and offer some positive support to the participating bloggers ! There are more and more people every week with fun, new blogs to discover.
How was your week ? Were you hit by the blizzard ?