Another week gone by but no complaints here ! The days are getting longer, the kids are on vacation soon, and life is good. Here are some highlights from the week :
- Today marks the end of week 19. The race is in 7 weeks. I had 3 weekends in a row of very long runs, so this weekend only 6 miles were on the plan. Next weekend I have 26 miles on my plan. I know it sounds like a lot, it is marathon distance, but that is part of the Jeff Galloway philosophy. Read all about my long runs and his philosophy here.
- The weather was really crappy this week, it rained on and off pretty much all week. Since I am not a fan of the treadmill, I went out on one of my lunch breaks under threatening skies. Well, I got caught in a downpour towards the end. I HATE running in the rain. I had a really bad experience of a race in the rain, wind and cold. But I figured I should work on my mental toughness in case the marathon happens to be in these conditions. My pants were weighted down with water, I had rain on my glasses and my sneakers were going squish squash with every step. Please pray that I do not have rain on April 3rd.
My shoes and socks needed some TLC to dry out and keep their shape.
- I did a marathon pace run on Thursday and had to stop a couple times and stretch out my right hamstring. I found a short post that was the perfect height for my stretch. I think I generally need to stretch more.
Family & friends
- I was proud of my children this week. It was Mardi Gras on Tuesday and they could dress up at school. They were so resourceful in putting together their costumes. Can you guess who this is :
- My second daughter had a gymnastics meet on Saturday. Their team came in second out of 6. She was happy with her performance, which was a great boost of self confidence for a young woman ! (that is her on the beam on the left)
- On Friday, my husband & I went away overnight with our friends. With the windy weather from the beginning of the week, we went to check on our summer home. We have some trees with BIG branches and have had some bad surprises in the past with fallen trees or fallen cables. All was well and it was fun to spend some time with friends.
- Yeah, I ate way too much this week. It was “La Chandeleur” (I am sorry I don’t know the details…. a religious feast where the tradition is now to eat crepes). So, we made crepes.
- I also went out to eat, twice. This dish was amazing. It was monkfish stuffed with smoked salmon, a carrot puree with vanilla, and a small pepper stuffed with minced mushrooms. Yes, I ate all the food!
- I also tried a recipe from Deborah at Confessions of a Mother Runner. You make a sweet potato and cheddar cheese crust, then fill it with salsa, cheese, beans and egg. She makes muffins, but I made it into a quiche. It was very yummy even though I overcooked it a bit.
I am linking up with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to head on over and offer some positive support to the participating bloggers ! There are more and more people every week with fun, new blogs to discover.
How was your week ?