This past week was quite typical between work, family & fitness, though busier than usual. Ten things from my week :
Family : my daughters kept me busy
- With daughter #1 I had an informational meeting at the high school on future orientation/education options. Because many of the universities and schools are state run, the application process is centralized. I will spare you the details, but trust me, its complicated.
- On Saturday we went to an open house at one of the schools my daughter is interested in. Even if there were a crazy amount of people I was very glad we went, it was highly informative. We finished the morning with a sushi lunch, her favorite.
- My second daughter was in Barcelona for 4 days on a school trip. Packing, laundry, airport pick ups, unpacking and more laundry sums up that adventure.
Work : third week in a row with a day trip in Europe
- I travelled to Switzerland and back by train on Thursday. The train was running late so waiting in a cold train station called for a big cup of coffee. Whenever I travel I seem to OD on coffee.
Food : crockpot and muffins
- I got a multi tasking crock pot thing for my birthday and I have been experimenting with it. It fries, bakes, steams, makes yogurt, slow cooks…. I tried a recipe where it was supposed to bake a pork roast. The recipe called for white wine, and the wine boiled / steamed the meat. While it was edible, it was not great. I have tried several recipes and so far, nothing comes out as expected. I really wanted it for the crock pot function, which I haven’t used yet.
- My daughter and I made muffins and banana bread. We made one bowl of batter and split the batch. I added pecans and made muffins. She added chocolate chips and made a loaf.
Fitness : DNS & continued great weather
- Despite the travel, I got in 3 runs and 45 minutes of laps at the pool.
- I had a race Sunday and decided not to go. It was a local 10K and when I signed up I wanted to use it as a training run. However, as my training plan called for 8 x1 mile repeats at marathon pace, with a 5 minute walk in-between, I figured a 10K race wouldn’t be very practical. And since I had a hard time applying my training plan to last week’s Sun Run Half Marathon, I preferred to stick to my plan rather than throw things off with another race. So, DNS.
- There were so many people out running today, I am sure because of the weather, but I had to slalom for most of my run.
- Finally, I am not one to complain but I’ve.been.tired. Ever since I got up at 4 a.m. to travel to Italy a couple weeks agao, I just can not seem to catch up. It is probably a combination of training, traveling, and a couple poor nights of sleep. Then I looked back and realized I ran 192 km (120 miles) in January, which is the most I have ever run. That might be influencing my fatigue also.
I am linking up with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to head on over and offer some positive support to the participating bloggers ! There are more and more people every week with fun, new blogs to discover.
How was your week ?