We are slowly settling back into a routine. Five days of school. Five day work week. I actually really thrive on routine, and even if I loved the summer, I do so much better with structure. The routine has allowed me to better anticipate my runs, as well as the full body workouts that are paired with my carb cycling.
As a result, the week was FULL of fitness related activities :
- Monday at the gym : 20 minutes of intervals on the elliptical + 6K (40 minutes) on the treadmill
- Tuesday at home and outside : Full body workout (10 ‘ warm up + 30′ squats + 30’ run with intervals). The weather was gorgeous, even if the sun is rising later and setting earlier.
- Wednesday : OFF
- Thursday outside : Intervals. I felt speedy !
- Friday : Off because my weekend was going to be crazy
- Saturday : 8 x 1 mile repeats were on my training plan. However, my GPS watch REFUSED. FLAT OUT REFUSED to pick up a signal Saturday morning. Luckily I know my route well enough to have a mile measured out. But that would have meant running 8 times back and forth over the same stretch of road. Boring. So I estimated the distance of another portion of the road based on my time. So I ran back and forth over these portions. Eight times. If you include warm up, cool down, and walk in between = 18 – 20 KM estimated. I felt really good about it because I hit all my repeats very close to my 10:15 objective (or under) and my last one was 9:45. It was absolutely perfect running weather.
I had to stay focused mentally because I was so xx!!$!! about my watch, but I got it done. I then went to the gym and did some heavy lifting for my upper body. Then came home and planked.
- Sunday : 6,6km La Parisienne race + 3,5 K walk. Recap to follow this week !
That was over 27 miles of running, spread over 5 days. That is a heck of a lot of running for me, but I am feeling strong, fast and no niggles to report.
And that’s a wrap.
Tell me one thing about your week ! Do you like to get back into a routine after summer ?