I think last week can be summarized in 3 words : starving, food, eating. Seriously, I couldn’t get enough to eat and a lot of my week looked like this :
I had tried to clean up my diet in the few days leading up to my Paris Versailles 16K on September 27. Not sure if I didn’t have enough carbs, not enough food in general, but I was a bottomless pit the week after the race. Or maybe it was just that my body was craving food after a significant effort.
In any case, I gave it what it wanted, and then some !
By Saturday morning I was craving whole foods, so spent the morning doing food prep and making sweet potato pancakes :
I was satisfied with the amount of exercise (though I have yet to make it back to yoga, my resolution since the start of September) :
- Monday : off
- Tuesday : 45 minutes of laps at the pool
- Wednesday : 20 minute upper body weights + 5 km on the treadmill
- Thursday : Ran 6 km at lunchtime. It was a PERFECT fall day. No pain. And there was even a race that day, for employees of the companies in my town. Some kind of company challenge.
- Friday : off
- Saturday : 40 minutes at the gym, ab + upper body work. I was dying for a run, but both my bathrooms were being tiled and we were meeting family for lunch. So running in the morning would have meant going to lunch unshowered. Uh, no. That was not an option. So I scheduled my long run for Sunday.
- Sunday : 12 km with some hill repeats. The guy on the bike was doing hill repeats too :
I also ran into a friend who has been encouraging me to come to her running group, AND saw my yoga teacher. I think it was a sign for me to go back !
Looking back at September, I ran 120 km (75 miles). Not too bad considering I had 2 weeks of travel thrown in. Marathon training officially starts tomorrow, so I am planning out this week’s runs / schedule.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend !
…and thinking about those in their last week before the Chicago marathon.
How was your weekend ? Any racing ?