I am really excited that today is Monday. The days start getting longer on December 21st…. of course you can hardly tell for a while, but it doesn’t matter because I.know. they are getting longer. The sun is so low now. But it means I am starting the week on a positive note.
Here are the highlights of this past week :
Fitness / marathon training
- I had a long run a week ago, so this weekend’s ”long run” was only 5 miles. To keep my mileage up, I ran four times, Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday for a total of 32 km.
- On Friday I also got in 30 minutes at the pool. Running 10K then doing laps wiped me out. My legs were exhausted Friday evening then they were tired all weekend long. They continue to ache this morning.
- I am not sure the pool was a good idea. Needless to say, I spent time stretching & foam rolling. I am seriously thinking of getting a massage.
- Maybe I overdid ?
There were so many runners out on Sunday ! Feeling inspired by all these people.
….during the week, not many. I leave when its dark and I might see one or two. Feeling a bit lonely on my early runs.
The Galloway “Magic Mile”
- With the training plan, this is a distance trial that you do every couple months to see if you have improved your speed and to help gauge your estimated marathon time.
- In short, after a good warm up, you run fast for a mile.
- I did my last magic mile on October 4th, 8:35. Today, I had improved and did it in 8:18.
- My estimated marathon time is 4 hours and 50 minutes. Hmmm…. I was expecting 4:30, maybe 4:40, but 4:50 is a bit longer than I had thought. But in all honesty, I don’t really care. I just want to complete it, in good condition, under 5 hours.
Time with husband
I am trying not to over do, and thus wanted to spend some quality time with my hubby. On Saturday we started out doing a couple errands (and sat down to enjoy coffee & each other), and then went to our summer home to check on some work that was being done. My hedge looks really great, and I had 2 new windows put in on the upper floor.
We also spent time planning the menu for Christmas, as my BIL, SIL, their 4 kids and my mother in law will be coming.
The only downer of the week was that I don’t have confirmation for a race I signed up for at the end of January. The race organizers cashed my check but I am not on the list of those registered yet. That irks me because I have sent email and left messages, with no news, and the web site says that registration is closed. What a pain because you could only register by mail, not on line, so it doesn’t make things very practical.
So I made it through the week, and now counting the days until I am on vacation !
I am linking up again with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to check them out and be sure to check out the other bloggers. So much fun catching up every week.
Was your week crazy ? Have you ever registered for a race and not been on the list ?