One more week until the days start getting longer and less than 2 weeks until Christmas. Yeah ! This week was a typical week, so here are 10 random facts about this mid December time of the year :
1. My mother is coming to France for 2 weeks at the end of the year. I had some frequent flyer miles to use so she will be arriving the 27th. A big shout out and THANK YOU to Air France because I was short 2 500 miles and they “loaned” them to me. Else my mother would not have been able to come. I haven’t seen her since this past summer, and that was only for 3 days !
2. I am so ready for the days to start getting longer. On my morning runs there are streetlights, but its still dark. All the cars have their headlights on.
3. I took a train to southern France this week for work. When I got to the train station, I saw this :
In short it shows you “What to do in case of terrorist attacks. Run away. Hide. Alert the police.” Seeing this really bothered me but I have a hard time saying why. Am I uneasy in front of it because of the feeling the country has been violated ? Feeling uneasy because I actually think it is stupid the government has to tell people to run away ?
5. Our town puts up an ice rink in the park every year. They have been doing this for about 6 or 7 years now and the kids love it. We would take them when they were little and now they go with their friends. It is a great way to occupy time during school vacation.
6. I had my longest run ever on Saturday morning, 15 miles / 24 K. I followed with 30 minutes of slow laps in the pool on Sunday to conclude week 10 of marathon training.
7. I have a Nike watch that is linked up to an app on my phone. It gives me the opportunity to share my run through Facebook or twitter but not Instagram (I should have this option, but don’t). For the life of me I can not figure out why. It must have to do with the version of Nike + on my computer, but it is updated all time (as is the app) so I have no idea why it is not working. If you have any ideas as to why, please let me know !
8. I had a great low key day today, with a wonderful lunch of scallops made by my husband. I am so lucky he likes to cook.
9. I also treated myself to a very nice dessert. We usually get several different ones and share.
10. I finished my Christmas shopping and ordered my cards. While Saturday afternoon was hectic and crazy in the stores with all of the other people shopping, I.am.done. Now I get to fully enjoy the next 10 days !
I am linking up again with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to check them out and be sure to check out the other bloggers. So much fun catching up every week.
Tell me something fun about your week ! Any parties ? Finished your shopping ?