And just like that, November has come and gone. The end of November is actually one of my favorite times of the year because it means that in 3 weeks the days will start getting longer. I am sensitive to the light and hate short days.
We always celebrate Thanksgiving with my American friend Mark, who insists on doing absolutely everything. We don’t have the day off here so we celebrate it in the evening. It is not exactly the same atmosphere as what I grew up with (no football playing, not during the day, none of that frigid Maine weather) but it is wonderful nonetheless.
It is actually very difficult to get a turkey in France so Mark has to order it from a butcher, who cooks it. But all of the other fixings are typically “Thanksgiving” : stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, homemade cranberry sauce… things which are not typical for France. How about Thanksgiving prep in a one bedroom Parisian apartment :
Besides Thanksgiving the week was pretty low key. It was week 8 of marathon training. So far, so good.
- Monday : 50 minutes of strong laps in the pool (at lunch time) + 10 minutes of ab work + 20 minutes of upper body weights (in the evening). I was spent !
- Tuesday : 8 K / 50 minute early morning run. My only frustration was my GPS watch not working. Since the Paris attacks it has had a hard time picking up the satellites. Not sure if there is some relation or not, but it has been finicky. I was thinking maybe the satellites were moved to survey terrorist activity ? Or maybe I am just being crazy ???
- Wednesday : Rest needed
- Thursday : 9K, one hour run @ 9 kph. I thought I was running fast but my average speed would not increase. Guess I had lead in my shoes !
- Friday : off
- Saturday : Long run. I had 13 miles / 21K on my training plan.
- Sunday : 30 minutes of upper body weights
My long run Saturday was really great. Once again, GORGEOUS weather. I tried to explore the Vincennes forest to spice things up and came across this :
It is one of the Olympic and professional sports training centers. There were all kinds of photos along the fence. They were cheering for me ! (hey, got to occupy my mind somehow)
But I steered clear of all the geese. They kind of freak me out.
On Sunday, we had family over for lunch. Appetizer :
And this finally came out. It is the list of all the races in France in 2016. Now I can seriously think about my racing schedule.
It was a good week. Next week will be busy with some travel, so not sure how my training is going to go. Adjust and adapt.
I am linking up again with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to check them out and be sure to check out the other bloggers. So much fun catching up every week.
How was your week ?