In France, kids have 2 weeks of vacation in October, so my husband and I took the first week off to stay at home with them (even if they are old enough to take care of themselves), but also get caught up on all the projects we had going, doctor’s appointments we needed to do, fall cleaning, etc.
So in short, here is everything I did this week :
- Swapped summer / winter clothes (though I just noticed it is going to be 70 degrees this coming week, gggrrrrr)
- Shopped with my youngest who needed some clothes
- Got my eyebrows waxed
- Did paperwork / paid bills & taxes
- Went for my annual check up
- Went to the dentist
- Exercised almost every day
- Had a date night at the movies
- Did some cooking (CRAVING good food after my really crappy week 2 of marathon training, due in large part to poor nutrition). One of my favorite dishes : alternating zucchini, tomato, onion & eggplant. Also loaded up on sweet potato in anticipation of Sunday’s race.
On top of these things, I had 3 bigger projects / events :
1. Helped my mother in law move. She was moving into a new apartment, but it was too small for all her furniture. So we rented a truck and brought a lot of the things to store in our house in Normandy.
We also put together some Ikea furniture for her, helped her unpack boxes, etc.
2. Finished a major house project & advanced on a couple others. I recently had our two bathrooms re-tiled but needed to decorate. So this week was dedicated to finishing ours off. This meant :
- touching up the paint from where the tile guy had chipped it
- installing a new overhead light
- putting up a cabinet and a bench
- finding artwork for the wall
- changing (modernizing) the knobs
- putting up towel hooks
- going through all the drawers / cabinets so I could install and switch around everything
- change a fuse of light above the mirror
It.Is.Done. It is exactly how I wanted to to look.
I finished a second project also, my eldest daughter’s bedroom. We recently replaced her bunk bed by a double bed. For safety reasons we had attached the bunk to the wall. Well there were 6 big holes. So I filled those, then repainted the wall. No holes !
Finally, I started repainting my daughters’ bathroom but my energy ran out.
3. Then I ran a half marathon.
So it was a very productive week. This coming week is a bit calm, then I have 2 weeks of travel for work.
A special shout out to those in the US doing the Marine Corps Marathon and for those in their last week leading up to the NYC Marathon (and anyone else running !)
Do you like staycations or do you prefer to go somewhere on vacation ? Any racing this weekend ?