This is a very appropriate theme, not only because we are nearing Christmas, but because you can never have too much running gear. At least I think so. So this is what tops my list :
- Winter gloves and hat. I have thin gloves and a wool hat. Neither were “made for running” so technically they are not that great. I get cold really easily and dear Santa, I would like anything to keep the extremities toasty. I recently saw some in Athleta but had a hard time shelling out 40 dollars for a hat, and the same amount for gloves. So I didn’t. Which is why its on my list.
I usually wear this neck warmer that doubles as a hat (race swag). Functional but not very nice looking.
- Running vest. With marathon training I run earlier in the mornings and things are getting colder. A warm vest under the tree on December 25th would be perfect.
- Compression socks. I do not have a pair, but they have been on my list for several months now ! I think my legs would love them. Any brands you would recommend ?
- Waterproof mascara. If its cold, my eyes water. Then I look like a raccoon. And yes, I often put mascara on before running !
- A destination race trip or race bib. This would make a great weekend. Champagne and running in Reims ? Marseilles ? Half marathon in Barcelona ? Summer vacation next year in Maine for the Beach to Beacon ?
I am keeping my list short so that my husband won’t have any difficulty choosing what to get !
Any brand recommendations welcome !