This is the first time I am doing a Thursday is for thinking out loud post. I was stumped over the past couple days about what to write about. That usually doesn’t happen to me but I just felt in a rut… so I thought this little bit of randomness would be fun. Thanks Amanda for having me.
- Family. I am excited for Saturday morning. My brother, SIL and 2 nieces are coming to France from Idaho. I haven’t met their youngest daughter and am so excited to see them.
- I love a spontaneous date ! We have seriously been having fantastic weather for the past 6 weeks. My husband and I went out to dinner last night, and ate outside at Bercy village in Paris. There are a ton of restaurants with outside seating and shops. We met early to go hang out in the book store (well, actually I went to the running store and he went to the book store) then had dinner. This is a part of Paris that used to be wine warehouses and they have turned it into an area with lots of night life, shops and a big cinema. Something off the beaten path in Paris, but definitely interesting to see if you come.
- This weekend is the end of the Tour de France. I have seen the bikers before but have never been to the finish line on the Champs Elysees. My brother is a BIG BIKE fan ! So I think we will be going on Sunday. I am very excited.
- My kids are in the US and will be back in France next week. Excited for them to come back ! Its nice to have a quiet, picked up house where I need to do very little laundry, but at the same time its too quiet and too boring. I am not yet ready to be an empty nester !
- I have my annual vacation, starting August 1st. Three weeks. Can’t wait ! Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is just as nice as it has been.
- Salad, salad, salad…. Is it possible to overdose on avocado or tomato ? With my girls being gone, my husband and I haven’t been cooking and we have been throwing together what ever is in the fridge. Including avocado, tomato, fruit and feta for the most part !
Thanks for reading my brain dump !
How was your week ? Any fun plans this weekend ?