This past week was surreal here in Paris because of last week’s attack. However, I am choosing to focus on the positive because I don’t want to get sucked into paranoia nor become a bit obsessive and media binge on everything that is going on. Enough said about those Damn Terrorists and thanks again to all of you who reached out with kind words and thoughts.
So, taking everything else into account, this week was typical, not too much excitement. I had no travel, so it was great to be home and
have dinner as a family every evening be able to watch the Walking Dead. I was not very productive because of the zombies ! As soon as we were done dinner, we would watch 2 or 3 episodes. I enjoyed every minute of it !
I did mange to get a lot of variety in my workouts (thanks to #holidaysweat challenge for the additional motivation). I had run quite a bit the week before and was feeling it. So I felt I needed a break in my marathon training.
- Monday : Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred + some planking
- Tuesday : 75minute of yoga and MAJOR foam rolling on my lower legs (my shins have been a bit tight)
- Wednesday : 50 minutes of running at 9 kpm
- Thursday : 60 minutes of swimming hard laps in the evening
- Friday : I was dead ! The hard laps killed me. And it was pouring rain and I had no motivation to run on the treadmill.
- Saturday : 8km @ 10,3 kph (which is quite fast for me). I had been feeling down a bit because of “the week”, so ran really hard because I can. I am sure there were victims of the attached who can no longer run. So this was my way of saying screw you to the terrorists. The sun came out only for those 2 hours during the morning run.
- Sunday : slower run on my training plan. 8,5 km during 70 minutes. It was really cold, around 40 degrees, which was 20 degrees colder than the rest of the week. I dressed for it, and was happy for long pants, my neck warmer / hat + gloves.
It was cool but absolutely gorgeous once I started running.
So, a great week of workouts.
Otherwise, besides watching the Walking Dead, I saw quite a few people this weekend. Friday night I had an American friend over and we spent a lot of time discussing American politics.
Sunday we were invited to my sister in law’s for lunch. I made a great guacamole.
We had a nice drink before lunch ….
…and my daughters got to visit with their cousin. Three beauties !
I did spent some time reading my new book, something I bought while in the US :
It has a lot of information about the anatomy of running, but also explains exercises for a dynamic warm up and post run stretches.
This coming week we are invited to our American friend’s house for Thanksgiving on Thursday evening (remember, Thanksgiving is a US holiday, so France doesn’t celebrate it). I always look forward to it because he makes dishes that you never see in France ! Pecan pie, gravy, sweet potato casserole, turkey !, stuffing, cranberry sauce…. and he is from the South so biscuits and cornbread is on the menu also.
I am linking up again with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to check them out and be sure to check out the other bloggers. So much fun catching up every week.
What are you doing for Thanksgiving ? When I have finished the Walking Dead, what series would you recommend ?