I have been on vacation for the past 10 days, and it is back to work for me tomorrow. Here is a peak into what I accomplished (because I can not sit still and just ”relax”).
1. Went to the movies three times with my kids / family. Didn’t see anything worth special mention.
2. Cleaned out 4 out of 5 closets and almost all drawers, cupboards, buffets and cabinets in my house. Cleaned off the 2 balconies & took down all the Christmas decorations. I am not much of a hoarder, my mom (who is here for 12 days) even less so. It is great motivation to do it with someone and I got rid of things that I have not used since we moved in (uh hum….3 years ago).
3. Continued marathon training. My long runs are getting longer (17 miles a week ago last Saturday, 20 miles next Saturday). On the weekend between my long runs, speed work of mile repeats has started. We had some overcast days but the temps are still quite mild.
4. Ran the dishwasher probably 15 times in 10 days. We had people over for Christmas and New Year’s, and we have been eating 3 meals a day at home, so that makes for a lot of cooking and cleaning.
5. Finished season 3 of Chicago Fire Department. I LOVE the characters and the series. Almost as much as the Walking Dead.
6. Got to the pool once, and to the gym once for weights.
7. Spent quality time with my mother and daughters (husband had to work). Puzzles, cards, walking & talking. It was great to connect. This picture is from a 18 months ago, but it is still my favorite of the 4 of us.
The cat wanted to help with our puzzle :
8. Loaded up on veggies, butternut squash and sweet potato. Definitely my go to carbs at the moment. I have been steaming some butternut squash, then I mash it and scramble and egg with it. It is a great breakfast (here with half a muffin).
9. Ate too many sweets. Our local pastry shop has turned all of their pastries into yule logs. I have resisted because we have been making home made desserts but I admit I was tempted.
10. Completely forgot about work. I didn’t check my email. Not even once.
I am linking up with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to check them out (in the home stretch for their marathon) and be sure to check out the other bloggers. It is so much fun catching up every week.
When you are on vacation at home do you relax ? How was your New Year’s Eve ?