In exactly one week I will be running the NYC marathon. So while this is of course top of mind, life goes on around the race and preparation. I want to say the past week was not very eventful, but when I re-read my post, I realize how much I actually did.
I had a ton of work with several 12 hour days. Nonetheless I managed to get my running in :
- Monday : Off (& international travel)
- Tuesday : 20″ walk + 20″ sprint x 25, with 30 minutes running afterwards for a total of 6,5 K
- Wednesday : sprint day like Tuesday 6,5K total
- Thursday : full body workout at home, 75 minutes. It.was.hard including a ton of squats, push ups and some HIIT training with burpees & squat jumps. I couldn’t finish the whole thing and stopped after 75 minutes. I was wiped.
- Friday : Off
- Saturday : 7 miles (it was nice not to have a long run !)
- Sunday : Weights at the gym (chest, arms, back, legs)
My running felt great this week. I felt rested, energetic and no knee pain. These runs definitely boosted my confidence for next Sunday.
Gorgeous fall running weather :
Planking with my furry friend :
I spent a ton of time reading about the marathon. I came across this amazing blog post from runningandthecity.com that is extremely detailed. My WordPress won’t link (seriously when is it going to work), but the post title is Tips, strategy & information.
The author writes about probably everything you ever wanted to know about the race. It helped me anticipate strategy. I also spent time thinking about what I would need, making lists, doing laundry, and starting to pack.
We leave on Friday morning with my husband, and I am traveling Tuesday & Wednesday for work, so that doesn’t leave much time.
We wanted to go away this weekend, but my daughter is applying for early admission (Ringling College of Art & Design) and her application needs to be in November 1st. And it wasn’t finished. The counselors here are not used to the US school system so I had to spend a lot of time writing everything they needed to submit. Then I had to look at all the financial aid things. Then she needed to finalize her essay…. and her art portfolio. You get the picture. We did take a break to get nails done and take a walk in the 60 degree weather.
Besides getting my nails done I had my eyebrows waxed. Need to look good in my marathon photos. A girl has priorities!
If you want to follow me for NY, my bib number is 61015. 11:10 a.m. start.
And that is a wrap !
Any last minute suggestions or advice for the home stretch ?
Any Halloween racing this weekend ?