November 6th is just around the corner. I have no idea how that happened. I am getting ?*#!! excited. Not only to run the race, but to spend 6 full days with my husband. Things around here have been i.n.s.a.n.e.
Random things I did this week :
- My last long run with intervals of this training cycle was on Saturday. 12 x 1 mile repeats on the plan @ marathon pace (10:15). I walk about 4 minutes in between each. I nailed 7 of them, came pretty close on 3, and 2 were about 30 second longer. All in all I was pretty happy and was blessed with perfect fall weather for most of the run.
- I complained about my GPS watch recently (not linking to the satellite) but I am happy to announce that after some trouble shooting, I seemed to have solved the problem. I didn’t know this but I am supposed to update the GPS satellite information before every single run. So far, no more problems. #saved300bucks too !
- I got in 3 other workouts : one hour of sprints / cardio at the gym on the bike Monday, a one hour leg workout Wednesday, and 45 minute upper body workout Sunday.
- Point 3 is very surprising because it was my busiest week of the year at work.
- Helped my daughter with her college application.
- Helped my niece with her resume and cover letter in English.
- Visited a very sick friend in the hospital. 🙁
- Finished some important administrative things that had been hanging over my head, but with deadlines looming, I could no longer wait.
- Tried a new, gluten free recipe, with chick peas, chorizo & bacon. Here, I added it to some spaghetti squash and scallops. Might sound like a weird combination but after 15 miles of running, I was hungry. SO yummy !
- Watched the 3rd episode of Westworld. Loving it.
- Got my haircut and loved the color but kind of freaked out at the cut. My stylist likes to “evolve” my cut. We’ll see.
- Tried GU. (Note to my parents : it is an energy gel) After a recent post by Marcia, I promised myself to try it. So I bought 3 flavors and tried the peanut butter flavor during my long run Saturday. The jury is still out. I felt like it was a sugar shock to my system and not sure if I saw any benefit.
Here is what I didn’t do :
- Didn’t get as much sleep as I would have liked.
- Didn’t eat as well as I would have liked
- Didn’t clean the house for 6 days.
- Didn’t eat dinner with my husband, except once.
- Didn’t write a blog post, nor go on social media.
- Didn’t fold nor iron the laundry that is in a heap on a chair in my living room
I will be in Switzerland for work on Monday, then the rest of the week should be back to normal, before 2 weeks of travel starting November 1st.
And that is a wrap !
How was your week ?
What do you do to stay sane during a crazy week ?
Do you like GU ? What flavor would you recommend ? With or without caffeine ?