When you read this, I will be on vacation. Under the sun. Relaxing. Reading a book. Glancing through a magazine. Jumping into a pool. Sipping a cocktail. In Greece. Crete to be exact.
Hopefully there will be a bit of this :
Some of this :
And lots of this :
And for the first time in 2,5 years I am going to take a blogging break. I am not bringing my computer, so I will not be tempted. Why ?
- Vacation means slowing down, not being joined at the hip with technology. I don’t bring a watch. Not bringing my computer. And while I will have my phone, I hope to limit it’s use ! (I will still be posting on Instagram)
- I need to get away from the politics and terrorism. Whether it be France or the US, the politics for the presidential election and the terrorist activity has worn on me. The blame, the finger pointing, the never ending political posts. I need a break.
- I want to read a book ! I have downloaded several beach reads and want to actually finish them. I need down time to recharge my batteries and be able to actually concentrate on a story that is longer than 140 characters.
- This is a special family vacation. It is our 20th wedding anniversary so this is a big trip for the 4 of us. I want it to be special. And I want to be present, not connected to a computer.
- Life will go on without me. Will I suffer from some FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) ? Probably. But I think it will do me some good.
Thank you for your understanding, and apologies if I am slow on reading and commenting on your posts. I promise to catch up in August.
See you on August 13th ! I will be back at it in full force.
Ever taken a break from blogging ?