SO, the first week of school is over. Kids are relieved. The apprehension is gone, they are pretty happy with their teachers, and have friends in their classes.
Preparing to go back to school was a big job over the summer months, and the first week of school is (almost) just as busy. Here is how the week went :
Tuesday, the first day of school, where the kids just meet their homeroom teacher and get their schedule for the year :
- Rewrite check for agenda because amount was wrong (instructions were unclear)
- Check out the 8th grade blog, as that is where all the information will be. First information posted is about the amounts of the checks that were wrong. Huh.
- Sign a bunch of papers.
- Fill out two forms
- Eat dinner outside and talk about the day
Wednesday, second day of school, classes start :
- Be informed that all the books need to be covered the for the next day. What ?
- Call grammy to see if she remembers seeing the paper to cover the book when she was here. No, she does not.
- Run to the store to buy paper to cover the books.
- Cover only a couple books because seriously, doing 10 books in one night is not my thing.
- Fill out some more papers.
- Talk to aikido coach.
- Eat dinner outside and tai about the day, teachers and classes
Thursday, third day of school : the whirlwind is winding down already
- Write another check because actually the first amount was correct. Grrr.
- Go register for gymnastics.
- Convince child that changing coaches has its benefits
- Order groceries on line
- Eat dinner outside (boy have we had great weather this week, fourth day strait !) and talk about the day, teachers and classes
Friday : I was up at 4:30 a.m., travelled to Switzerland, came back and worked until 8 p.m. Even at 6 a.m. there are people in the airport !
Saturday rolls around….
- make sure daughter is up at 7:15 because she has school at 8 a.m. (in high school they have school Saturday morning)
- exercise : got in an 11km run and spent time foam rolling afterwards. I felt great.
- groceries delivered
- cooking : I had some butternut squash that I roasted
… and in the span of four days, we are back into our normal routine.
Do you like getting back into a routine ? how did your week go ?