I am linking up with Marcia at Marcia’s Healthy Slice for the first Runfession of 2016 and since the Friday Five theme is of my choice this week, I also am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run.
- I like only running 3 times a week. I would be afraid of injury and burnout was I running much more often. During the week where my long run is not so long, I might add in a 4th run. But 5 or 6 runs a weeks ? No way, not for me.
- I am secretly afraid of injury. In the past I have had knee & hip problems and shin splints but I feel I am training smart and have had no issues. None. Zip. Zero. I hate to keep saying it though because I am afraid I am going to jinx myself and my training.
- I am already thinking about a fall marathon, even if I haven’t completed my first one yet.
- This is the first time in my life I have seriously followed a training plan, though I have been running and racing for over 10 years. I am loving the discipline and structure and it takes the work out of thinking about when I need to run and what I need to do. I am surprised I like it so much.
- I have been loving re-discovering Paris. I have been doing my long runs through the city, as psychological preparation for the marathon (and to combat boredom) and fully enjoying every minute. I do have to start and stop more often because of people and traffic, but I am not minding. I now know where the public water fountains are, how to get to the Eiffel Tower and back on foot, and which streets are insanely crowded on Saturdays.
What would you like to runfess this month ?