Well, most of the races I do don’t have a big expo. I mean practically nothing. Zilch. Nada. Even the Paris Versailles race with over 30 000 people had a very very small expo.
In reality, there is only one really big expo I have been to, which is the Paris Marathon Expo from this year’s marathon back in April. I loved it so much. It was great because :
- I got to drool for a couple hours over all that great running gear
- I got access to all the specialty brands that are difficult to find in mainstream stores here in France (if at all!)
- I was inspired by upcoming races in other areas of France
- There were some unique experiences : an Asics Foot ID to analyze my gait, a radio show that was broadcasting live, a film you could make
- The energy ! All these people in one spot taking about my favorite topic, running !
- I got there early so it was not overrun by people. Lot’s of time to talk with the people on the stands.
For next year’s expo, I think I am going to take Friday off, so I can go and take my time when there are not too many people. I can not wait to go back. Not only as a visitor, but as a marathon participant !
Do you like expos ? In the US do the smaller races have them or are they found only at big races ?