Even if we do not have Thanksgiving in France (it is an American holiday !), I can not help but be surrounded by Thankfulness in social media. Reflecting upon what we are thankful for should probably be an every day occurrence, and not just once a year, so I am going to add it to my regular blogging, at the end of every month. There is so much I am grateful for and I think recognizing it could be done so much more often.
So, in November, here is what I am especially thankful for:
1. My husband is healthy. The doctors discovered he had cancer exactly four years ago, and since he was treated, he is still cancer free.
2. My older daughter is growing up to be a wonderful young lady, and I am so proud. Not only did she find a babysitting job all on her own this year, but she is now helping the homeless every Saturday. Preparing food, bringing it to them… she is giving four hours of her time each weekend volunteering. Once again, she decided to do this all on her own.
3. Nice weather. It has been in the fifties and sixties in November, with blue sky. This has allowed me to run and walk outside, taking advantage of the fresh air and sunshine. This photo was from the third weekend in November, how glorious. In Southern France they are getting so much rain, there is major flooding, Maine has gotten snow already !
4. Fall veggies. I think I could seriously live on butternut squash and apple crisp. I will be making my sixth batch of apple crisp today.
5. My new job. I am grateful that my company gave me this opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, travel and generally grow professionally. There are so many people who hate their job, feel stuck in a rut, , dislike their boss… well not me. I love what I do, I truly enjoy my colleagues and my boss, and I recognize that it is not the case for everyone. So yes, I am very thankful for this.
6. College friends. Even if we don’t see each other much, our friendships will last forever.
7. Paris. I recognize that I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but take it for granted.
What are you thankful for this month ?