I think keeping the mind stimulated, alert and challenged is very important in keeping the whole body healthy. A couple months ago I decided to change jobs. After 5 years in the same job (which I loved) I figured a change would be good.
Well, I confirm it is ! Its only been one week, but so far, so good !
Here is why the week was so great :
1. I have new colleagues and the welcome I got was fantastic
2. My job is international, so this week I was in contact with people from China, Panama, Germany, Switzerland, the US, the UK.
3. Renewed energy. Not sure if it was excitement, but I was up at 5 a.m. every day.
4. I’m discovering new people and new services in my company.
5. My client is in an industry I am less familiar with, so I am learning many things.
Downsides ? So far I have not seen any downsides, but there are of course some major changes. The biggest is my team. Before I was managing a team of 60 people, and now I have no direct reports. As much as I like managing a team, not having direct reports definitely changes how you spend your time.
I believe all of these changes are stimulating my brain and my brain can only be happy about it. Staying in our comfort zone is easy, but pushing ourselves outside of it, whether it be in our jobs, in our fitness, what we eat, what activities we do… has so many benefits. Your body and mind will love you.
Changed jobs recently ? What was great about it ? Have you been pushed out of your comfort zone ?
Have a great week !