Today is National Running Day in the US. I realized recently that I have been running over 10 years. While there have been some ups and downs, injuries and victories, great runs and crappy runs, running never the less has been there for me and has allowed me to be healthier, more fit and have more energy than I have ever had before.
Someone recently asked me why I ran. Here goes :
- Running keeps me healthy – inside and out
- Running keeps me looking fit.
- Running makes me feel good about myself and what my body can accomplish
- Running pushes me out of my comfort zone
- Running allows me to be outside, in the fresh air
- I love seeing active, fit people running when I do ; it keeps me motivated
- Endorphins !
- Running allows me to indulge
- Running has allowed me to meet new people
- Running has taught me to respect my body
Happy National Running Day to all those runners out there. Thank you for your stories, your inspiration, your pictures and for being you. Each runner is unique and each and every one of you inspire me to be a better runner, every day.
Why do you run ? Doing anything special for National Running Day ?
You might also like :
Tagged: National Running Day