It was a fantastic week here on this side of the Atlantic. Here are 10 random reasons why (in no particular order).
- The weather was fabulously wintery all week. Cold (low / mid thirties which is cold in France) but sunny with bright blue skies. We don’t get many days like that here. Gray is usually the Parisian color from November to March.
- Five workouts. I ran Monday & Tuesday, did a chest / back workout Wednesday, leg workout Thursday and arm / shoulder workout Saturday. I am incorporating some HIIT workouts also. As part of the workouts, on Wednesday I did 200+ push ups and on Thursday 100 burpees. Feeling strong.
- Had dinner with friends. Time goes by so fast, and it was great catching up. We decided to eat out, which meant that neither of us had to cook.
- Did some Christmas shopping with the teenagers. We had fun trying on headsets, testing out perfume, picking out clothes.
- Spent all day Sunday with my gang. We went to Reims for the day as there was a Christmas market. We ate out, took our time, looked at the stands, and enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere.
- We wandered through the Reims Cathedral which is one of the most famous in France. It is known particularly for its smiling angel. If you look at statues, they are usually quite sullen. There happens to be one angel with a big wide grin.
- We put up our Christmas tree. We have a fake tree as we like to enjoy it for the whole month of December. We have never had a real tree, I am sure our place is too warm for it to last a month.
- I signed up for my second race of 2017, a 10K mid February. I have a 5K in February also.
- Travelled to Switzerland for work. Nothing feels more like winter than a decorated, cold Swiss city.
- Made a big decision. If you missed my coffee date post, I announced that I am going to stop blogging come January. It has been three years and I have loved every second. I love the positive energy. I love the sense of community. I love the friends / virtual friends I have made. But I need some time to do some other things in my life. So will my break be permanent ? I don’t know. I am aiming for at least 6 months and then we’ll see.
And that’s a wrap !
I am linking up with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. While it was cold here in France, these two lovely ladies were in Florida with Marcia, Wendy, Darlene, Judy, Karen & Mary Beth having a girls weekend. #jealous !
Does it feel like winter where you are ?
Ever feel you needed to take a break from blogging ?