Happy Mother’s Day to those in the US !!
This post is a very big THANK YOU to my mom who has given me so much over the years….
- Support… in everything I have done, including moving overseas when I was 23
- Advice…. when it comes to raising kids and only if I ask for it
- Pure positivity… because I have never met someone more optimistic
- Patience… I have never seen her raise her voice with anyone or for anything
- Time for my kids…she has come to France many times to take care of my kids on their school vacation while I work and welcomes them for a month every summer in the US
- Time to help me settle in to a new place … either to help me move or paint (the number of rooms we have painted is probably around 20)
- Ideas….for rearranging a room, decorating
- Organizational skills… there is not a drawer, closet or cupboard that has resisted
- Acceptance of the French culture…we don’t eat dinner before 8 p.m. and I know how hard it is for her to wait
- Role modeling a healthy lifestyle : she golfs, does yoga, walks, vigorously works in her yard, goes to the gym, doesn’t drink or smoke and eats in moderation
- Treating my husband as part of the family
- Showing me the importance of family
Thanks mom for every thing you have given, said (or not said), provided, encouraged, supported, babysitted, cleaned, picked up, sewed, painted, rearranged, photographed, organized, suggested and done for me these past four decades.
I love you !
You might also like :
Tagged: Mother's Day