Hello ! I love January. The days are getting longer, the sun is getting higher, we know that we are going towards spring. And its my birthday !
I was feeling particularly grateful and happy this week, for many reasons :
- I had some great meals. I am doing the Runner Reset Challenge with Laura at Mommy Run Fast and it was inspiration enough to anticipate some healthy meals and meal plan. Instead of pizza on Friday night (which would have been the easy solution), I had left over quinoa + tuna + avocado + mashed sun dried tomatoes.
- Great runs. We had rain Wednesday & Thursday but the sun came out for one hour at lunch on Thursday. There is a running God ! It was glorious.
- Supportive colleagues. We don’t see much of each other, but we all happened to be in the office on the same day this week and got to connect over some similar issues we are having.
- I was already planning a work trip to Brazil & Mexico in March, and I learned that I will continue on to Florida. I hope to visit my parents for a couple days while I am there. I’ll be gone a long time but Florida ? In March ? Yeah, its worth being away from home for 2 weeks (although it will be towards the end of marathon training, but that is a different story !)
- I got my hair cut & colored, which always makes me feel great
- I received a holiday card from one of my childhood friends
- I have slept like a baby (in large part due to the runner reset and cutting out gluten & sugar)
- I spent Saturday night at home with my girls and husband watching Mamma Mia ! and eating in front of the tv (which we never do). My girls and I sing every song at the top of our lungs. That movie is a favorite of ours, right up there with Pitch Perfect.
- I felt fantastic on my runs.
- Colder January weather. The puddles were frozen on Saturday.
And finally… my husband prepared a surprise for lunch today. My daughter’s birthday is the 18th and mine is the 19th, so we celebrated.
The only thing I was unhappy about was that our resident guest (my BIL’s cat) knocked over a table and this happened : hours of puzzle work gone in 3 seconds.
I am linking up with Holly and Tricia at Hoho runs and Misssippipiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. Be sure to head on over and offer some positive support to the participating bloggers ! I love discovering new blogs & people every week.
What were you thankful for this week ?