It has been a long time since I have linked up with Deborah and Tina for Meatless Monday, but I have had so many inquiries every time I post a picture of quiche, I thought it was a good time to share.
I usually make it when I have some sort of left over veggie in the fridge. Vegetable needs to be pre-cooked before putting it in the quiche.
I keep this gluten free, and thus there is no crust. However, if you or your kids/significant other prefer with crust, a store bought one works fine. I bake the crust for about 10 minutes before filling it.
Crust with the one on the left, crustless on the right :
I usually serve it with salad :
It heats up beautifully, to take to work, or for breakfast :
Easiest quiche ever
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups of milk
- Quarter of a cup of heavy cream or plain yogurt
- 4 oz. of shredded cheese
- Salt, pepper
- Any pre cooked veggie (water to wring out if you steamed them) : diced carrots, broccoli, leeks, lentils, roasted peppers, zucchini….the list is endless !
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs (with fork is fine).
- Mix in milk, cream (or yogurt).
- Stir in cheese, save a bit to put on top
- Add salt & pepper
- Stir in any veggies
- Top off with some shredded cheese
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes