We have been having fantastic fall weather, it has been so cooperative for my first month of marathon training. Thank you mother nature ! This is what today’s run looked like, with 65 degree weather :
Training Week 3 (Staycation week)
- Monday : 53 minutes @ 8,7 km/h (7 km)
- Tuesday : off
- Wednesday : off
- Thursday : 48 minutes @ (7,4 km)
- Friday : 60 minutes of laps (1 500 meters)
- Saturday : 20 minutes of upper body weights & major stretching
- Sunday : Vincennes Half Marathon used as a training run
Total time : 4 hours 20 minutes
Total mileage : 35,5 km
Training week 4 : Back to work & a normal routine
A half marathon was NOT on my training plan, so I took it a little slower this week
- Monday : off (full day of travel)
- Tuesday : 46 minutes @ 7,9 km/h (6 km)
- Wednesday : off
- Thursday : 60 minutes @ 8,3 km/h (8,2 km)
- Friday : off
- Saturday : MAS (Maximum Aerobic Speed) test
- Sunday : 8 Hill repeats. 1hour 20 minutes (10,1 km). I did this run out in the country side, near the golf course where my husband was playing. Gorgeous views !
Total time : 3,5 hours
Total mileage :27,1 km
Fueling / nutrition
I am finding this to be one of the hardest parts. But I am working on it.
I felt really really good about these past 2 weeks. While I am struggling a bit to hit the speeds on my training plan, I have been very faithful with the frequency and distance called for. I would have liked to get some more cross training in.
Seeing the race recaps about Chicago, the Marine Corps Marathon and NYC Marathon have added to my excitement !
Some random thoughts
- I really need to get the nutrition thing mastered.
- One month already ?
Other than that, I broke down and got this :
How was your week ? Do you have a fitbit ? Do you like it ?