The week was a complete opposite of my first official week of training. Things in my professional life were crazy : 2.5 days of non stop meetings, 6 restaurant meals, one big party, one big work crisis, too few hours of sleep… all this by Thursday evening. Needless to say, by Friday I was dragging.
Sluggish. Tired. No energy. Bonking. That is what Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all about. But I wanted to be sure to get my running in, top priority. So I did but it wasn’t too great.
- Monday : 45 minutes @ 8,5 kph (6 km). It was a gorgeous evening. I am not big on running in the dusk, but with the warm weather, there were quite a few people out.
- Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday : Off. Conference (early mornings & late nights)
- Friday : 45 minutes at @ 8,9 kph (6,7 km). This is slower than what was on my plan.
- Saturday : I want to try to schedule my long runs Saturday so that I can go to the pool on Sundays for recovery laps. I was SO excited for this run. With my week, I was dying to run, be outside, get fresh air. I did 13 km at a very slow pace. I am doing the run/walk method by Jeff Galloway and once warmed up, I usually do a 4 minute run and 1 minute walk. Well, I walked a lot more frequently, I was so tired. My gait was off, as was my digestive track… I was bloat and hungry at the same time… just a crappy run.
- Sunday : off. It is very rare that I don’t go to the pool or lift weights but I felt my body needed the rest.
Seen on Saturday’s run :
Total time :3 hours 15 minutes
Total mileage : 26 km (16 miles)
Fueling / nutrition
Work weeks like this one throw off my digestive system. So, this weekend I was craving home made meals. Beef stew, quiche, feta/olive/tomato loaf.
I know there will be good weeks and bad weeks. My professional life is important to me, I have to travel and have to attend all day meetings and conferences. So I am not beating myself up over the crappy runs. That’s life and it will happen. I can better anticipate meals and snacks though, bringing my own healthy options and I will…because Friday and Saturday were really really crappy runs and it is because my body was poorly fueled and not rested. Lesson learned !
This coming week will be better. I am on vacation and most of it will be a staycation. Looking forward to catching up on my rest and taking advantage of the fall weather.
Hope you had a better week !