These past 2 weeks were a bit crazy because I had a lot of travel for work but with planning ahead, I managed to stick to my training schedule.
Training week 5 : Good week despite travel for 3 days in Germany
- Monday : off
- Tuesday : 55 minutes @ 8,8 km/h (8 km)
- Wednesday : 35 minute run/walk on hotel treadmill
- Thursday : travel
- Friday : 40 minutes @10 km/h (6,7 km). This is marathon pace. Felt very good but had to push.
- Saturday : Long run of 15K. 2 hours @ 8 km/h average. It was 65 degrees out. Almost too hot, my legs were tired, shin was tight. Travel food, the heat & change of habits probably didn’t help.
- Sunday : Rest day. I was a bottomless pit with my eating !
We have been blessed with the weather. There were some gorgeous fall mornings.
Total time : 4 hours 10 minutes
Total mileage : 34 km
Training week 6 : International travel week, 5 days in a hotel !
I was in the US for 5 days. The highlight of my week was seeing my college roommate for dinner and a drink.
- Monday : 38 minutes @ 8,7 km/h. Got my run in before getting on a plane ! (5 km)
- Tuesday : 40 minute treadmill run @ 9,6 km/h (8,5 km)
- Wednesday : 50 minutes on the elliptical & ab work
- Thursday : 60 minute treadmill run/walk @ 7,5 km/h (7,5 km)
- Friday : 15 minute walk & 20 minute weights
- Saturday : Back from the US, rest
- Sunday : I didn’t have a long run scheduled. The long runs are now every other weekend, and will stretch out to every third weekend eventually. I had 6,5 km on the plan + add in warm up and cool down = 10 k. It was spectacular out.
There were so many people ! And I came across this, written in chalk by children. #prayforparis
Total time : 3 hours 15 minutes
Total mileage : 33 km
I enjoyed my week in the US. I was there for work but got to do a little bit of shopping and stocked up on things I can not get here in France (peanut butter m&ms, Kind bars, Hanes tshirts, Victoria secret, Crest toothpaste… very random but since I am not sure when I will be back again in the US, those small things are important).
I of course had to go to
should have avoided Athleta (for my Christmas present) and found some great deals on workout gear at Macy’s.
This weekend was spent getting caught up on sleep, housework, laundry, the Walking Dead and we did see friends for lunch on Sunday.
I don’t have much travel between now and the end of the year. It is always nice to travel a bit but great to come home also. I have a big race this coming weekend. With the terrorist acts, the races this past weekend were cancelled. Not sure if next weekend’s races will be canceled also.
How was your week ?