Happy Sunday everyone ! We have fantastic weather here in Paris… fully enjoyed time on my balcony this weekend.
In May we have many bank holidays here in France. May 1st was Labor Day so we went to our weekend home to mow the lawn and do some projects. We came back that evening because the kids had school on Friday. My husband went fishing and as the girls were at school I had a whole day to myself. I did a ton of things around the house, went to the gym, and also went into Paris to walk around. Yeah Starbucks !
This week’s fitness in review :
I took a couple days to recuperate at the beginning of the week after my race last Sunday.
- Monday : off
- Tuesday : off
- Wednesday : 15 minutes cardio + 45 minute body sculpt class at the gym
- Thursday : off (we went to our weekend home and did lots of chores / cleaning / reorganizing)
- Friday : 45 minutes cardio + 30 minutes weights
- Saturday : one hour run / walk – happy to report NO foot or knee pain what so ever
- Sunday : 60 minutes swimming laps at the pool
This week’s food in review :
As I have had the past four days off, I actually spent a lot of time cooking.
- Apple crisp with the apples I received as goodies at the Apple Pear race.
- Cauliflower crust pizza (I am seriously addicted to this at the moment. It takes quite a bit of prep so I make a huge batch. Half is for the “pizza” and the other half I do not put toppings on and we just eat as is.) This is the recipe which inspired me.
- Curry pork skewers with cauliflower “pizza”, steamed carrots and a bit of rice
- Leftover pork with homemade guacamole and a new recipe from Confessions of a Mother runner : Quinoa cakes. They came out great ! Thanks Deborah.
Its been a great four days. We have another holiday this coming Thursday, but I need to work Friday. I can handle a four day work week.
Have you tried any new recipes recently ? Do you follow recipes to a T or do you improvise ?