Well, September is here, as are cooler temps, back to school madness, all the Parisians (as well as major traffic), and fall fruits & veggies.
My week was typical of the first week in September, where the kids went back to school. There was nothing particularly special about it, so here are a bunch of very random things I did as we start to get ready for our fall routine…
Home / kids :
- I spent time on line reading about the Common Application in the US as my daughter would like to apply to one US school. The hardest thing about it is that she needs to write an essay, and the writing styles are different here in France. Ugh.
- School started Sept. 1st, so I had a ton of paperwork to fill out
- I did 7 loads of laundry + ironing
- I made appointments for my kids & myself (hair cuts, osteopath, podiatrist, dermatologist, aesthetician…)
- Spent time covering books
- Restocked my cupboards. I order groceries on line and have them delivered. They sat in the entranceway for 24 hours, but at least we had food.
For work :
- I had to make a video and spent a lot of time getting the angle just right. I didn’t want the handle of my radiator to appear in the video, so we filmed it 6 or 7 times. Everytime I moved my head you could see the radiator behind me. Ggrrrr. (I didn’t post the video, the topic is not very interesting !) In the picture below, you can not see the radiator, but I had a hard time sitting still while filming.
For myself :
- I got a haircut & color
- I exercised 5 days ( 46K of running + weight, ab and upper body work). We had really great running weather on Saturday, and I did 18,5 miles in high sixties, but overcast skies. Perfect. Run was pretty good, except the last 2 miles were TOUGH. Completely blew my average pace.
Still planking !
…..And finally, I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I am doing a 6 week carb cycling program to reset my metabolism and loose some of my belly fat. Yes, preoccupations of being in my mid forties….
I have just completed the third week. I am fully enjoying it but it does take some mental energy to plan and anticipate, and build the work outs in with my marathon training. More on this at at later date, but I can say I am loving it, am learning a lot and have lost fat / gained muscle.
And that’s a wrap.
Tell me one thing about your week ! Is it still hot in your neck of the woods ?