I have a race this coming weekend, La Parisienne, and I am so looking forward to it. I do it every year with my colleagues and this year there are 40 of us running.
It is an exclusively feminine race, in Paris around the Eiffel Tower, Trocadero and across the Seine River.
Here is a quick recap with some La Parisienne facts (source : La Parisienne website)
- 2014 is the 18th year of the race. It started with 1,500 women to promote well being and sports.
- Last year there were 35,000 women
- The official distance is 6,7 km
- Every year there is a theme, this year it is California
- Many proceeds go to support the fight against breast cancer
- It was the first exclusively feminine race in France
- It quickly a popular means to promote team building within companies. In 2008 there were over 200 companies, last year over 600. Two thirds of the participants signed up with their company.
- Average age of participants : 37 years old
I love it because its fun, not too competitive, … and hey, you get to run around the Eiffel Tower, need I say more ? Keeping my fingers crossed for really great weather.
What do you like or dislike about races that are exclusively feminine ?
You might also like :
Tagged: La Parisienne