If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I completed my first marathon in April, and I will be starting to train for my second one come June. So that has given me almost 2 months off between training cycles, which I am enjoying immensely. I trained for my first marathon with a 6 month Jeff Galloway plan so I was ready for some down time.
Here are my five favorite things I am loving about being in between training cycles :
- Being less obsessed with food ! I was hungry all the time, thinking about how to fuel, planning my meals depending on what I had on the schedule, having to anticipate everything. While I still eat clean, I am a little more relaxed about things.
2. Adding variety to my fitness routine. I have really been craving yoga, the pool, weights, and doing tabata workouts or just running for the fun of it. Anything but following a training plan.
3. Leisurely morning routines. I prefer running in the morning and I was extremely disciplined about getting up, putting on my running clothes and going out the door. Now I don’t have to get up, I can linger in bed a bit, enjoy breakfast and coffee ! a little longer.
4. Not having to run in the rain. I hate running in the rain. My drowned rat look :
5. Planning the next big thing. It has been fun thinking about some races I have planned for June, but it has been especially exciting thinking about training for my next marathon. I still have time to really button down my training plan. I am not feeling any pressure yet, but within a week or 2 I will be mentally ready.
What do you like about being between training cycles ?