Like most people, I find December to be twice as busy as the rest of the year. Here is a glimpse into my week, but also how I managed to keep my sanity, not overeat, and fit in a bit of exercise.
This is what I accomplished :
- Last Saturday and Sunday we were in Brussels, so that meant no errands, no laundry, no housework.
- Monday : out in the evening for our building owner’s yearly meeting. We were voting on installing a new elevator, so there was lots of debate. Three hour meeting !
- Tuesday : some groceries, housework and laundry
- Wednesday evening : meeting with financial advisor
- Thursday : dinner with client
- Friday night : I am part of the PTA. It was the Christmas market at school, where I work at the refreshment table, then picked up. We then had a small get together (between adults !) to celebrate.
- Saturday : finished Christmas shopping, did laundry, cooked and groceries
- Sunday : I am planning on taking my daughter to a fair for higher education & my mother in law is coming over for lunch.
With a week like this, there are things I did not get done, but would have liked to. I am not beating myself up though, because I also need to spend time with my husband, kids, exercising, or just relaxing. So things I have not yet done…
- Finished putting the decorations on my tree (hoping to do this today). I did unwrap them and they are all piled on the couch.
- Decorate the house (probably won’t do this)
- Christmas cards. I love cards and do one every year. Well, I have not gotten around to it this year.
- Planned Christmas dinner, nor even thought about what we are doing on December 31.
My limited Christmas decorations, cards and placemats :
Despite all this, eating and exercise actually went pretty well this week.
- Exercised Wednesday morning at the gym (weights), Saturday at the gym (45 minute treadmill run) and Sunday went to the pool (45 minutes). Exercise is priority for me, so I make sure to build it into my schedule. It might be a bit shorter than usual, but even 30 minutes is better than nothing.
- Didn’t eat too much junk….a little bit on Thursday (in all day meetings with not so healthy food choices) and Friday at the Christmas fair, but overall, I have avoided most alcohol and holiday chocolates.
This coming week is almost just as crazy. But I am not complaining… five more days until my staycation.
How was your week ? Did you manage to fit in some exercice ?