2016 was very good to me. I had some pretty big goals set for this past year, and am very happy with what I accomplished :
- Run my first marathon. Ran my first (Paris) and second (New York). Definitely my biggest accomplishments of the year.
- Run one race per month. I quickly let go of this, as it was not compatible with my training and work travel.
- Reduce my waistline by 2 inches and loose 5 pounds. Nailed this goal too. I started working with Amanda Tress in August and so far have lost well over 2 inches around my waist and over 5 pounds. I am still going strong.
- Give my blog a face lift. I met with someone over the summer to discuss this topic, but in the meantime I have decided to take a blogging break come January 2017 for a while, so I put this on hold.
- Visit 2 cities in Europe that I have not yet been to. We went to Rome in May (read about it here and here). Rome is amazing, almost as great as Paris. 🙂 We also went to Crete, Greece. LOVED IT.
- Save money for a big, family vacation in 2017. Greece turned out to be our big vacation, as we celebrated our 20 year wedding anniversary.
Goals for 2017 :
- Spend (more) time with family. My eldest will be going off to college next fall and that means a busy year. Schools, applications, end of year baccalaureate test, decisions, decisions, decisions. I need and want to be present – with physical and mental availability- during this time of her life.
- Try a new sport. Last year was very significant for me & my running. I ran two marathons, and I am not ready to sign up for another one (yet?). But I am a goal oriented person, so I am floating a bit trying to determine my next objective. I will continue to run but because I want to spend more time with family, I am signing up for golf lessons with my husband this spring / summer. I am the black sheep of the family when it comes to golfing, so I figured I would give it a serious try.
- Get my finances in order. Not that they need it, but with one daughter going off to college, and possibly to the US, that is going to require some serious financial planning / re-thinking. Schools are so much more expensive in the US, and she was accepted at her dream school, so we are seriously looking at how to make it happen.
- Running. Yes, I will continue to run, though have set my sights on shorter distances. 6 races are my goal. And I need to put this to work :
- Nutrition. I want to continue to learn about what works for my body and what doesn’t. Since working with Amanda Tress, I have learned a great deal, but as I edge towards the half century mark, I want to continue to find balance between fueling my body correctly and being able to enjoy that glass of wine or great dessert. I will continue to track my macros for a while.
No major house project. No major trip planned. Just enjoying what I have. The 2017 milestones and accomplishments will be different than this year, but I am 100% OK with that.
What one goal did you accomplish in 2016 ? Happy with your year ?
What is one of your 2017 goals ?