Thank you for reading and you are forewarned that this will be very random ! The week was a bit crazy with a 3 day conference, restaurant eating, early mornings, late nights and a work crisis.
Now that it is
Friday Saturday morning, some random thoughts with regards to the week……
- I loved connecting with my colleagues. I work internationally and spend so much time in front of the computer and on the phone, that a bit of face time was welcomed. I work with such great people and we hardly ever see each other.
- I missed my kids & hubby. I was up at 6, out of the house by 7:30, home at midnight… three days strait. So I was so happy to see my kids at dinner Thursday and have them chat about their week. And actually see my husband rather than going to bed when he is already asleep.
- I was craving nature ! I was getting stir crazy being inside several days strait. I was so happy to be able to run outside Friday, despite the chilly/rainy fall weather.
- I am lucky. My husband cooks, knows how to anticipate meals, and makes sure the house is in decent shape while I am not here.
- Managing tough situations makes me grow as a person. In the middle of my conference I had a very difficult situation to manage. Well I survived. As my mom says “you just do what you have to do”. And somehow, bad situations are never as bad as I think they will be.
- Too many glasses of wine and dessert over several days makes me very sluggish. I was so slow when I ran Friday, as compared to what was on my marathon training plan. As much as I love the travel and the conferences, I am always happy to get back to my regular eating & sleeping routine.
Besides the above photo, I only took 2 other photos all week. My parking spot in the public parking garage, to help me remember where my car was !
Friday night dinner… I made 2 quiches because I was CRAVING home made food !
I am now officially on vacation for the next week, with way too much on my to do list !
How was your week ? Do you thrive on routine or like constant variety at work ?