Hello everyone and hello Friday Five ! I was travelling last weekend, busy hiking and running, and took a few days off from blogging. Glad to be back, linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run.
This week is a free theme and I have chosen “Five thoughts that pop into my head while running”, inspired by a recent post by Deborah at Confessions of a Mother Runner. As I prefer to run alone, it is me myself and I … so lots of crazy things go in and out of my mind, depending on people I see, things I see happen, the weather…. so here are some recent thoughts.
1. Didn’t I pass that person 5 times already ? I often run around a small pond, and see the same people.
2. Can you please keep your dog on a leash or else I will trip over it and it will not be my fault. There are a lot of little dogs in France and in the park people let them run. I am always afraid they will dash in front of me and make me fall. I definitely prefer when they are on a leash !
3. That guy is kind of spooky. I am always very cautious about where I run and what is going on around me… my imagination is probably a bit overactive, but I prefer safe over sorry.
4. Does my butt look like that ? I am not one to compare myself or my body shape to others but there are some really unflattering running pants out there….
5. That running group looks like they are having fun, maybe I should reach out and try a group ? Yes, I have yet to do this but it is on my to do list for September when groups start up again.
The weekend is just around the corner, yeah ! I signed up for a 10K in a small country town Saturday afternoon and am seeing friends Saturday evening I haven’t seen in a while.
What are you doing this weekend ? What goes through your mind when you run ?