How was your week ? Today is Labor Day in France, so we have a three day weekend, yeah !Although it is supposed to rain… boo.
This week’s Friday Five theme is Race day, so I decided to blog about my quirks and weird habits. Be sure to check out the link up hosts : Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run.
1. I am a weather stalker. I saw this phrase recently and it describes me 100%. I start checking the weather 10 days before a race and check it several times a day, up until race day morning.
2. I have been known not to race if it rains. I HATE running in the rain. I race to have fun. I like the atmosphere and the feeling of camaraderie. (This probably explains why I am a weather stalker !) This was from a year ago :
Luckily I was running with my brother in law, or I might have not raced ! This is my drowned rat look :
3. Even if I check the weather I agonize over what to wear. I am so afraid of being cold, but also hate carrying extra layers if it gets too hot.
4. This might be TMI, but if you have to go, you have to go. If the porta potty lines are too long, I will find another solution. Enough said.
5. I like to know where I am going and what to expect. So I also obsessively review the race map… before I sign up, before I go to the race, when I get to the race. I like to know if there are hills, if we will be running on asphalt or through the woods … it helps me plan my race strategy.
Having said all this, I bit the bullet and signed up for the Paris Marathon 2016. I was inspired, excited and motivated by all these runners / race recaps. And yes ! I have checked out the race route, but its a little early to start checking the weather or thinking about what to wear.
What quirky race day habits do you have ?