Vacationing is definitely on my mind for 2016 because 1) it will be our 20th wedding anniversary and 2) we need to think about our summer vacation plans.
So this is what is currently on our list :
1. Rome. I have been to Venice a couple times but no where else in Italy. Everyone has something great to say about Rome, so this is definitely at the top. We are hoping to go for a long weekend in April or May.
2. Japan. My husband and kids are major fans of Japanese culture, literature and food. However, summer is not a good time to go because of the weather (apparently), so that doesn’t leave us many options. It is far from here and expensive, so if we go, it has to be for longer than a week. Big financial and organizational implications for this destination and we need to anticipate.
3. Greece. We really just want warm weather and beaches. Preferably in the middle of winter. And it is closer than my fourth choice !
4. Any island in the Caribbean.
5. The Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion. I have never been and this is on my bucket list! My brother lives out west, so combining a trip to see him and visit Bryce and Zion would definitely be feasible.
(photo credits from official tourism websites)
Where would go on a long weekend ? a two week vacation ?