Yeah for Friday ! It was a four day work week in France due to Easter Monday, so the week just flew by.
This week’s Friday Five theme is ” trips to take”. Travel ! One of my favorite subjects. Be sure to check out the link up hosts and their take on the topic : Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run.
I consider myself very lucky, because I have travelled since a young age, and ended up living in one of my favorite places : Paris, France ! I have been here for 24 years and love living in a foreign country. I travel a lot personally and professionally so I had a hard time deciding on only 5 places.
1. Paris, France. Sorry, but this is a no brainer. If I still live here its because I love it. I love the culture, the food, the architecture, the museums, the parks, the cafés, the French people, the fact it is so convenient to the rest of Europe, the wine, and the Eiffel Tower.
2. London. I LOVE this city. The architecture, culture, the tube, the ways the streets and addresses have absolutely no logic (at least not any logic that I understand). So convenient to get to from Paris.
3. Maine. The way life should be. I grew up here and it is absolutely beautiful. (photo credits go to my mom)
4. The Alps. If you like to ski, the Alps are absolutely wonderful. Wide slopes, mountain restaurants, cozy fires.
5. The Atlantic Coast in France. Brittany, Aquitaine, the Basque Coast…. I love it all.
Did you check out my first half marathon from last Sunday ? A blast !
And finally, the Paris Marathon is this Sunday and the weather here should be great. A special shout out to Stephanie blogging at Food and fitness 4 real and Sue from This mama runs for cupcakes, both who are in France running it. I will be around the 18 km marker which is 5 minutes from my house. Hope to see them there as well as my friends Lauren and Didier. Be strong !
What is your favorite city in the world ? If you could go anywhere you haven’t been where would you go ? Are you running a marathon this weekend ?