Hello Friday ! I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run for the Friday Five. Today is the 2 year anniversary of their link up. Many thanks to these three ladies who have helped me add structure and regularity to my blog, provide ideas & inspiration, and introduce me to many other bloggers and blogs. You rock !
The theme this week is things I love. Of course life is wonderful and there is so much to love about it, I had a hard time picking just 5. So I am making this very “time sensitive”… Five things I am loving at the moment.
1. Seeing my kids grow up. They are wonderful young ladies, full of ideas, personality, initiative and independence. They both love manga (Japanese comic books) and every year there is an expo in Paris. Cos Play (Costume Play) is a big part of Manga culture. My youngest came home looking like this :
Isn’t that wig great ?
2. Apples. We had a ton of apples on our tree in Normandy, and there are many varieties in the market. I made apple sauce and several batches of apple crisp (even with burnt pecans !).
3. Fall running. The temps are perfect and right now there are a ton of geese and leaves (duh).
4. Paris. This city never gets old. I love visiting other cities, but Paris just has a certain charm. I had two races this fall (Paris Versailles, and La Parisienne), both which start at the foot of the Eiffel tower.
5. Ikea. A great source of inspiration. I have redone both of my daughter’s rooms, both of my bathrooms, updated my bedding and helped my mother in law move and install Ikea furniture. The instructions are so easy to follow that my youngest daughter put together her new desk all by herself. While we were out. (see point 1 about initiative and independence !)
And our cat has had to help :
So that pretty much sums up my life over the past month. What are you loving lately ? Are you racing this weekend ? I have a half marathon Sunday, that is unofficially part of my training plan. I am going to use it as my long run. Happy racing, running, cycling or apple picking !