Good morning Friday ! I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, Mar at Mar on the Run for the Friday Five where the theme of today is Five things I did this summer.
I had a great summer ! I can not believe it is back to school already. The kids in France go back September 1st. While I have been back to work for a week now, it still feels like vacation mode here because there is very little traffic, our office is still empty and there are still many businesses closed. All of that will change come Monday !
I did so much this summer, it was hard to narrow it down to 5 things. So here are 5 things I did that I had never done before.
1. I ran my first race in the US and met some bloggers while I was there (Lisa, Jen, Kara & me). It was the LLBean 10K in my home state. So much fun ! I have lived in France for over 20 years, started running several years ago, and thus had always run races here.
2. Wine tasting in the Bordeaux region. I have never done a wine tasting in France, except for the Champagne cellars about 10 years ago. We were on vacation in southwest France and took advantage of everything there was to see and do. Including the wines.
3. Ate way too much. I REALLY
pigged out ate well while on vacation.
4. Went rafting in the Pyrenees. I am from Maine and there is great rafting but I had never been. The “rapids” in France are a lot smaller than in the US. I really liked it but I think I would be really afraid on a big river in a big raft. They explained to us the position you need to take if you fall out of the boat. Well, in order to make sure we fully understood, they made us get out of the boat and go down a short rapid in the security position. While I understand why they did that, the power of the water did freak me out a bit.
5. Met my niece ! This is my brother’s second child and I had never met her. What a cutie ! It was so much fun being around small children. Mine, as well as all my other nieces & nephew are older.
While I know that summer is technically over in September, it feels like fall already. Shorter days, cooler nights….why can’t summer go on forever ?
Tell me one thing you did this summer you had never done before.