Mid May already ? How did that happen ? It is once again another long weekend in France, our third one one a row. May 1st was Labor Day, May 8th was to celebrate the end of WW2, and May 14th is the Ascension. I am enjoying the time off with exercise, spending time with my kids, reading, cooking and possibly a house project. We will see how motivated I am, but I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the weekend.
I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run for this week’s Friday Five, Organising your running / fitness gear. Be sure to check them out !
This is an easy topic for me because I am an obsessive organiser and
try to anticipate everything. Life is just so busy between work, home, volunteer work, friends and two teenagers… that I have learned anticipating what I can makes life a lot less stressful. I hate running around last minute looking for my favorite pair of socks or upset that I forgot to charge my Ipod.
Here are ways that I keep my fitness life organized :
1. Have a bag ready at all times. I have both a pool bag, and a gym bag. As soon as I get home from my workout, I restock the bag so that I am good to go at a moment’s notice. No running around for me when I want to go workout.
2. Keep all chargers and cords in a bag, so I know where they are. Ipod, cellphone, watch, kindle… nothing is worse when I want to go for a run and listen to music, only to find my Ipod is out of battery.
3. Buy a guide to yearly races. Having a reference book helps me anticipate if I go somewhere new, or want to organise my races, in advance or last minute.
4. Keep a small notepad within close range at all times. If I am reading a blog, see something in a magazine or a suggestion in a book, I write it down immediately so I can reference it, look it up, or try it at a later date.
5. Plan my workouts in advance and block the time off on my agenda.
Check out this post on everything I did this past month to prep for my marathon… which is in April 2016. Yes, I am an obsessive (over)planner !
What do you do to organise your fitness gear ?