I love the theme this week, but it was so hard to pick just five ! Here are those who inspire me most :
1. My dad. He is in his early seventies but looks and acts 15 years younger. He exercises almost every day, eats well, doesn’t drink, has lots of friends and activities… lives a very healthy life. Exercise was always a priority in our home. I can still remember my dad going to play racquetball at 5 a.m. before going to work, or doing his 4 mile walks in zero degree Maine weather.
If I owe my healthy lifestyle to one person today, its my dad. I love this picture of us taken this summer, I was leaving for a race, he was leaving to go golfing.
2. My mom. Her lifestyle is just as healthy and inspiring as my dad’s. She started introducing healthy habits and exercising in her forties. And has never stopped. It is proof that you can change and make exercise a priority, at any age.
I want to be just like them when I grow up !
3. Their great habits have rubbed off on my brothers and I.
My brother, David, is a big biker. One summer he biked across the United States, from the Pacific to the Atlantic. I am still in awe that a human being can accomplish something like that.
My brother, Mark, is a big golfer, biker and has run the NYC marathon.
They both married women with similar values and thus I am including my two sister in laws, Hilary and Erika. Biking, hiking, paddle boarding, they always find a way to build fitness into their lives.
4. Friends. I did a series a year ago, featuring ”normal” people: Liz, Lori, Peggy. But there is also Melissa, Lyn, Katey, Kat, Lorraine and my cousin Tammi (3rd from the left) who is a faithful early bird exerciser with a 5 a.m. gym habit and has been running some Maine races recently. And this is only to name a few !
5. And all of the bloggers out there who inspire me every day. Thank you all ! There are too many of you for me to name individually, but please keep blogging… being honest, celebrating your accomplishments, accepting your flaws…. you are all so great.
I know this makes more than 5, but there are so many great people out there, THANK YOU !
Who inspires you ?