I am linking up with Courtney at Eat Pray Run, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What, and Mar at Mar on the Run for this week’s theme which is gratitude. I am a day late because I participated in the November Runfessions link up, which was on the same day ! There are so many wonderful choices for link ups in the blog community.
At the moment, I am very thankful for the following :
1. My podiatrist. There was a time when I could no longer run 5 K without major knee and hip pain. My podiatrist made my orthodics and I am 99% pain free. He is patient, will make adjustments to the orthodics until they are perfect. I would not be running today without him.
2. The French healthcare system. Not only does it cover most things, like my podiatrist, but this year I have gone to the dentist, doctor, gyn, eye doctor, dermatologist, had a mammogram, done blood work, with very minimal expense on my part. My husband, who is a cancer survivor, had 100% free healthcare for 5 years. The healthcare system is not perfect and I think there could be many more efficiencies, but we are so blessed to have that peace of mind if we do have a health issue.
3. The community where I live, Charenton Le Pont. It is considered in the Paris suburbs, but it is actually one mile from the Paris city limits. We have the subway, the Vincennes forest, great schools and it has that small town feel. Almost every time I go out I run into someone I know.
4. That my daughters have self confidence and can fend for themselves. As a freshman, the kids here need to do a one week internship / job shadowing. The objective is to discover the “real world”. My daughter did her’s this past week, which meant she needed to get up and take public transportation to and from work (on her own!). She found this job shadow through a friend (all on her own!), had to interact with the employees, ask questions, discover an office environment (all on her own!) She is 14. Not sure if I could have done that at 14.
5. France. This country has so much to offer. I have been here almost 25 years and still have not see everything. I have never been to Nice and so decided for my birthday to sign up for a race that you run along the Mediterranean. Doesn’t this look great ? (photo creeds from race site) All signed up for the end of January !
And I have written several posts about being grateful for my family, friends, job & good health so those things go without say.
What do you love about where you live ? Your city ? State ?