Hello everyone, and Happy Fourth of July to my American friends and readers!
In France, our Independence day is July 14th, so my Friday Five July 4th version is a bit different than my American counterparts. Here is what my July 4th looked like :
1. I worked. …but several people did wish me a Happy Fourth of July. It might be sad to say but I often forget American holidays. If I am not surrounded by a constant reminder, in the daily grind, I can forget. I remembered this morning when I turned on Facebook and there were tons of pictures from July 3rd evening celebrations.
2. I packed for my kids. My kids are leaving tomorrow for vacation. We need to drop them off at the train station very early and they will not be coming back to Paris for about 6 weeks. Thus, we needed to anticipate what they would need for such a long time.
3. I packed for myself. With the kids gone, my husband and I have a couples weekend away. Yeah. I included my workout clothes. I only worked out once this week, so hoping to work out Saturday and Sunday.
4. I watched the World Cup (with cat on lap). Unfortunately France lost.
5. I came home for lunch to spend time with my daughter. She was alone, so it broke up her day. Since I don’t live far from my job, I can do this every once in a while.
So all in all, a normal Friday for me.
What did you do ? Any plans for the weekend ? Have a great weekend !