Happy Friday everyone ! Thanks to Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the link up to this week’s Friday Five, where the theme is Summer Goals.
Here you can find their blogs :
I always try to make goals and objectives SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, within a given Time), …the measure part is very important. Rather than just say “eat healthy”, I make it specific… eat 5 veggies a day. SMART goals help me with accountability. So here goes…
1. Get caught up on my sleep by regularly going to bed one hour earlier and / or napping on weekends. At the end of June I always have accumulated a huge sleep deficit. Recent nap with cat sleeping on me. Too cute.
2. Exercise at least four time a week. I want to stay active and take advantage of the long days, even if I can not run as often as I would like …. When I vacation I have been taking long walks and also doing Zumba (you can tell I am learning, I am going in the opposite direction of everyone else !).
3. Spend more quality time with each of my girls, and my husband. All year long it is go go go. In the summer we can actually sit. I have been having breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday with them for the past 2 weeks. Its wonderful. We actually have time to talk about lots of important teenage topics…
4. Read two new books in August, finish two I started. I am so busy all year, I never seem to have time to finish a book. So far, I just finished The Light Between Oceans from M.L. Stedman and Six Years from Harlan Coben . The Light Between Oceans was beautifully written and I cried at the end. That is a sign of a good book !
- On my Kindle, started but not finished : Mile Markers from Kristin Armstrong, Inferno from Dan Brown, Eat the Yolks from Liz Wolfe
- Want to read : Replay from Ken Grimwood, The Orphan Train
- Reading : The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg – I love this kind of self awareness / self help book. This one is a very easy read and explains where habits come from and how to alter them. So far I really like it.
5. Visit a city I have never been to. This weekend we are going to Bayonne & Biarritz… two cities I have never seen. There is a huge festival in Bayonne this weekend. Info here : Bayonne Festival
I am not big on crowds, but everyone says its great. We’ll see what happens, but most of the pictures I have seen look like this (photo credit from the above website) :
So here are my five summer goals, will check in end of August to see how well they were met !
Are you a napper ? What books are on your nightstand ?
You might also like :
Tagged: Bayonne, Bayonne Festival, Biarritz, Charles Duhigg, Dan Brown, Eat the Yolks, Harlan Coben, Inferno, Ken Grimwood, Liz Wolfe, M.L. Stedman, Mile Markers, Replay, Six Years, SMART goals, The Light between Oceans, The Orphan Train, The Power of Habit