Happy Friday everyone ! Thanks to Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for the link up to this week’s Friday Five, where the theme is Free Friday.
Here you can find their blogs :
Today, I have chosen to write about Five French eating habits that have influenced my healthy living.
1. Small portion size. Whether it be in restaurants, at home, in a work cafeteria, portion sizes are small. This cuts out a huge amount of calories. Half a piece of salmon is more than enough !
2. Taking time to eat with no distractions. I usually spend 30 minutes (minimum) at the table, with no tv or computer. As I am not rushing, I enjoy the food and am tuned in to satiety signals my body is sending. It is the perfect way to connect with family.
3. Meals are varied and balanced. Protein, veggies, fruit and milk product (yogurt or cheese) are usually present at lunch and dinner.
4. Wine. I do not drink at every meal but a couple glasses a week to accompany a great meal make the meal that much better.
5. Learning to cook. Not only does it save money but I choose what goes into my body. Quiche is one of the easiest meals to cook and you can put anything in it.
These are very small changes but have had a huge impact on keeping my weight at a happy place for me.
What eating habit have you changed over the years that has had a big, positive impact ?
You might also like :
Tagged: Friday Five